Virtual Museum Tours
Whether you enjoy traveling or are looking for something new to do during at-home social distancing, now is the time to take a “staycation” with a virtual museum tour!
Experience a variety of cultures, education, and exploration of science, history, anthropology, and art of all types, including architecture, clothing, sculpture, painting, photography, mixed media and more in the comfort of your own home.
Start your staycation today with the following 10 famous museums. Get started by visiting artsandculture.google.com. If you don’t see your favorite listed, be sure to google for additional interesting museum tours. Some of these offer museum street-views and other historic and cultural heritage sites.
Experience the following museums online:
- British Museum, London. Tour the Great Court, see the Rosetta Stone, Egyptian mummies and more.
- Guggenheim Museum, New York. Visit Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, and Modern and Contemporary artwork.
- National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC. Two online exhibits: Early American fashions and work from Dutch painter, Johannes Vermeer.
- Musee d’Orsay, Paris. A gallery of French painters such as Monet, Gaugin and Cezanne and others.
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul. Contemporary art from Korea and around the world.
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam. Masterworks from the Dutch Golden Age, including Vermeer and Rembrandt.
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam. The largest collection of Vincent Van Gogh with over 200 paintings and 500 drawings.
- The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles. European artwork beginning in the eighth century, which includes paintings, sculptures, and manuscripts.
- Uffizi Gallery, Florence. Houses the art collection of the de ’Medici family, including the building specifically designed for Cosimo I de’ Medici.
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City. Dedicated to the history and archeology of pre-Hispanic era.
Virtual museums may also offer a relief from boredom, overeating and anxiety, so go online, take a tour, learn something new and explore these historic wonders.